Hi Simon,

One advantage of having a similar set up to AlgebrasWithBasis would be the
following
commands which are often quite useful:

   sage: G = AlgebrasWithBasis(ZZ).example()
   sage: G
   An example of an algebra with basis: the free algebra on the generators
('a', 'b', 'c') over Integer Ring
   sage: x = G.algebra_generators()
   sage: p = x[1]*x[0]*x[2] + x[1]
   sage: p.support()
   [word: b, word: bac]

It currently does not seem so easy to get the support of an element in the free
algebra

   sage: F = FreeAlgebra(QQ, 3, 'a', implementation='letterplace')
   sage: a = F.gens()
   sage: p = a[0]*a[1]*a[1]+a[0]*a[1]*a[2]
   sage: p.support()

does not work.

The quotient seems to be working well! Great!

Cheers,

Anne