On 3/29/11 9:15 AM, Jean MICHEL wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 08:16:53AM -0700, Daniel Bump wrote:
When the Dynkin diagram has a nontrivial automorphism (of order
two except D4), the map alpha ->  -w0(alpha) may or not
coincide with this automorphism.
Here there is a non-trivial graph automorphism but this
isn't it. Therefore it seems to me that dynkin_diagram_automorphism
is not such a good name for this permutation of the indices.

The standard name in the literature for the automorphism (which may be trivial)
induced by -w0 is
"the opposition automorphism"

If this is the consensus, I can rename the method opposition_automorphism.

Anne