Hello Jean-Yves, hello Andrew,

I guess I should have something to say about this but I don't really
understand what is happening. When I wrote the #7983 patch, I was
being annoyed by the fact that there was no method on the Tableaux
class computing what everyone in combinatorics calls the descents,
whereas the descents() method on tableaux was computing something
rather unrelated (that, moreover, depends only on the shape if the
tableau is semistandard). I suspect the descents() method was some
kind of helper function for Jack or H-L related code. Anyway, I
decided to rename the old descents() method into a less ambiguous name
and to make descents() compute the actual descents. But I've quickly
got talked out of this, as this would deprecate some userbase code, so
instead I added a standard_descents() method and left descents()
untouched (only adding the warning to its doc). I was working on
sage-main all the time.

Now, Jean-Yves (who, as far as I understand, has been using
sage-combinat) is saying he has been using descents() all the time and
since he is talking about standard tableaux, I assume that function
has been computing the actual descents rather than whatever it has
been computing on sage-main. Does this mean that the descents()
function on sage-combinat has been doing something completely
different from that on sage-main all the time before my #7983 patch?
That someone had done what I first had in mind (rename the old
descents() and reuse the name for the actual descents) long ago, and
now that my #7983 got merged in, the roles have switched?

Either way, sorry for contributing to this muckup and thanks a lot for
any help in understanding it.

  Best regards,
  Darij