On Thursday 19 October 2006 14:28, Pere Urbón Bayes wrote:
> Any way im starting doing a debian package.

Hi there,

just my five cents:
 * There was a thread on debian-science on this, see:

     http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2006/10/msg00020.html

  IIRC there was a discussion to create a sage-pkg project on alioth.

 * If I may express a wish: I would really like to see a modular Debian
   package of SAGE, i.e., GAP, Singular, Python, etc. are packages of their
   own which SAGE depends on. Many of SAGE's dependencies are already packaged
   somewhere (e.g. check the Knoppix Math project) but probably not with the
   right fixes/changes applied: See SAGE.txt in every spkg package.

  * I'm pretty confident not only Bobby Moretti will support you and anybody
    attempting to build Debian packages but many SAGE developers including
    myself are eager to see Debian packages.

Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8EF0DC99