On Friday 14 September 2007 16:53, William Stein wrote:
> > I'm really thinking that there should be C library that does ZZ[x] with a
> > denominator so we wouldn't have to put that logic in cython.  That
> > library might build on NTL.  I'm uncomfortable with code like that in
> > cython (but that may just be a result of me liking C & C++).
>
> FLINT?

Yes, of course, I didn't mean to forget FLINT and actually that feels like a
much better choice for a back-end to a C QQ[x] library. While I'm a native
C++ speaker, I'm coming to appreciate the viewpoint that such things should
be written in C.

I guess in the long run we would view FLINT as (entirely) replacing NTL, but
that sounds like a pretty long run to me.  I keep finding that NTL
implemented a lot of stuff.

--
Joel