Further info: I've retried it a large number of times and it only
happens occasionally.
It's not related to any particular cell or content as I have seen it
on several
different cells during this testing.
I managed to grab a copy of 'view page source' while it was hung up
but can't
see anything obvious.

I have had no further error messages relating to this in the error
console despite
several times when it has hung up. I have tried downloading the
javascript file
which is included (javascript/js.main) but never get anything back.
Using view
page source only shows the link to it. I tracked down the source of
this to
find that it is generated 'on-the-fly' by server/js.py which makes it
difficult to
follow. Does it vary depending on context?

Bill