> On 12/03/2021, at 11:20, Matthias Koeppe <matthiaskoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And then -- of course likely not relevant for gentoo -- there is also the
> distinction between source and binary distributions (wheels): For the package
> itself, many users have a good reason to build it from source; but for a
> separate documentation package, most users do not really benefit from
> building it from source - they can as well install a prebuilt wheel providing
> the documentation. These users will then not have a need to install Sphinx at
> all.

I guess it is my fault for doing CI, including doc, straight from git.
Some may say I am abusing the package manager in doing so. But someone
really put some thoughts in making the tools available for it. If there wasn’t
a couple more kinks here and there, I could test branches attached to tickets
directly from it.
I’d really like to continue to do stuff the way I have been doing them.
But if they have to go extinct, that’ll just be that.