On Tuesday 04 March 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> If that doesn't work, then I'll be really baffled (ok, even more baffled
> >> than I am already).  If it does work, then change the 100 to a 1000
> >> (delay in miliseconds), and see if it still works.
> >
> > Ahah!  Now it works --- I can finally click on "evaluate"!  Thanks very
> > much.
> >
> > The critical value seems to be somewhere around 150.  When I set the
> > delay at 150 I found that sometimes cells failed to evaluate (and when
> > it's a previously evaluated cell that you've edited, this can be hugely
> > confusing), but most did. So I've set the delay at 250, and it's working
> > well with both Firefox and Safari.
>
> Ok.  My gut reaction is, "Javascript sucks, I hate it."  But on reflection,
> a design which requires such number-twiddling was probably not the best to
> begin with.  I think I have a better way to manage these links... I should
> have a patch up in a few, if my new idea works.

Sorry I took so long to test it out. Have upped the time to 250 and that
seems to have cured the problem on my machine (2.8GHz Toshiba Equium Laptop).

Not surprised that I hadn't figured out what was going on!

I wasn't sure which copy of js.py to modify, but hit the right one at the
second try. Used my web designers toolbar to display the Javascript to check
whether the change had been effective. I still haven't figured out the
Sage tree structure...... :-)

Bill