On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 2:54:47 PM UTC-7 Isuru Fernando wrote:

I guess there are several requirements we need

1. Support for all major OS/architecture combinations
2. Easy to build for rare OS/architecture combinations
3. Possible to install as a non-root user
4. Binaries are available for non-root

This is a good list. We also need to agree about what fits into category 1.
As far as platforms for developers are concerned, does plain OS X count, or
plain OS X + Xcode command-line tools, or OS X + homebrew, or OS X + conda,
etc.?

AFAIK, there's no package manager that has all 4 above and we will have to
pick which
requirements are more important than others.

Isuru

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/0a85f27c909f8d8f185801af2228e6331bcad544.camel%40orlitzky.com
.