On Thu, 27 Apr 2023 at 15:49, Michael Orlitzky <mich...@orlitzky.com> wrote:

> The test suite can take another full day to run -- some of
> that is useful, but a lot is not. This is the biggest impediment to the
> use and development of sage on an old system.

To me at least, it would be unwise not run the test suite.

If you are choosing to use 15-20 year old hardware, you can not reasonably
to handle a large modern program like Sagemath. More modern machines than
that get thrown in skips. 😂

Dave.

> --
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkir...@kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom