On Friday, September 6, 2024 at 1:43:32 AM UTC-7 tobia...@gmx.de wrote:

I've set the PR back to needs work since the version constraints in
pyproject.toml for cython and numpy are not needed in my testing,
definitely not for sage-the-lib but apparently not even for sage-the-distro
(at least I didn't get any build errors without them).

The only place where these version constraints are used in
sage-the-distribution is in the experimental "configure
--enable-system-site-packages" mode.
You don't say what you tested, and in any case such vague indications are
not sufficient basis for holding up an upgrade PR.