I'll work on a quick hackish patch. could take a bit, though,
especially since i'm working on another project atm.

Timothy - what is the timeframe for the templates? It should be
trivial to implement this once templates are done, but if that's far
in the future, I'll work on putting together a patch for a current
framework.