David Joyner wrote:
> (1) Sage also does FFT via the GSL. I guess they didn't try that,
> but I would imaginge they would be fast since they are in C.

The current CDF and RDF vectors implement fft using GSL.  I'm in the
process of switching the RDF/CDF vector backend to numpy, and then the
fft will be done by numpy.  I'm curious where the FFT is done by numpy
currently; I couldn't find the code.  Of course, the reviewer used an
extremely old version of Sage (on our timescale), so maybe things were
different then.

For matrices, switching to numpy made most things faster, so I'm curious
what we'll find when we switch the vectors to numpy as a backend.

Thanks,
Jason