Dear Guillaume,

On Nov 23, 2:33 am, Guillaume Moroz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Cool: I modified this python script, ran some tests and now the
> singular interface is well used for fraction field coefficients :D.

Good!
If I remember correctly, long-time ago I did something into that
direction, also including the gap interface. It was about non-modular
invariant rings of finite matrix groups with coefficients in fraction
fields. I really ought to resume that work, as I met some problems
with the Gap interface...

> If you prefer another way to get the patch, feel free to tell me.

Sage has a trac server, http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac
Please ask Michael Abshoff for an account!

The usual way to post a patch is:
 - with an account, you can open a "ticket", i.e., you describe the
problem, indicate to what part of sage it belongs (here: commutative
algebra), milestone (here probably: sage-3.2.1) etc.
 - When you (or someone else) has a patch solving the problem, then it
can be uploaded. There should also be a doc string for the new
function, *including* examples; this is important, as it is used for
automatic testing. See
http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/doc/prog/node9.html
and subsequent nodes.

 - For getting a patch from the trac:
   * If there is a patch on the trac server, you can *see* it after
clicking its name
   * But this is only for seeing it. If you want to download it, go to
the link "Original Format" at the bottom of that page.
   * Import the patch with hg_sage.import_patch
   * quit sage and do "sage -br"
 - The patch may be included into Sage, if someone else writes a
positive review for it and nobody opposes. Then, one of the lead
developers would close the trac ticket.

Cheers,
    Simon