Hi Michael,

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:57 PM, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 22, 11:54 pm, "Minh Nguyen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:49 PM, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Hi Min,
>
>> > In total: ouch - how much RAM does that box have? The only reason the
>> > timings could be so long if those tests get pushed deeply into swap.
>>
>> 1.0 GB of RAM
>
> Yeah, once I hit "send" I noticed that you did list the amount of RAM
> for that box. That is extremely strange that those tests take about 20
> times as long as I would expect. Can you rerun them to see if the
> problem is reproducible? You can also run with -verbose and hopefully
> something will jump out.

I re-ran the tests under the above Mac OS X system, using this command:

/path-to-sage-root/sage -testall -verbose

This time, I only have one failed test, namely

sage -t -verbose devel/sage/sage/modular/abvar/homspace.py

which I think is a timed out error. Total time for all tests: 10643.1 seconds.

The test log is huge: about 14 MB uncompressed, and 1.2 MB compressed
using bzip2. The relevant section is rather lengthy, so I don't want
to post it here. I've uploaded the compressed test log to my web site.
If you're interested, here's the link:

http://nguyenminh2.googlepages.com/test-mac.log.bz2

--
Regards