On Nov 24, 1:48 am, "Minh Nguyen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Michael,

Hi Minh,

<SNIP>

> I re-ran the tests under the above Mac OS X system, using this command:
>
> /path-to-sage-root/sage -testall -verbose
>
> This time, I only have one failed test, namely
>
> sage -t -verbose devel/sage/sage/modular/abvar/homspace.py

Yes, but that test took [425.0 s] instead of about 2,000 seconds from
your last run - so something strange is going on. Can you rerun that
test only a couple times to see if it varies? 3.2.1.alpha1 will have a
fix that shut cut the time of that doctest down by 35% or so. Craig
and William also mentioned in IRC that with a little work that
homspace code ought to be be cut down to next to nothing since our
implementation is allegedly pretty naive. Since Craig did speed up the
Victor Miller basis code by a factor of 900 recently I am sure it will
happen :)

> which I think is a timed out error. Total time for all tests: 10643.1 seconds.
>
> The test log is huge: about 14 MB uncompressed, and 1.2 MB compressed
> using bzip2. The relevant section is rather lengthy, so I don't want
> to post it here. I've uploaded the compressed test log to my web site.
> If you're interested, here's the link:

Ok, good call. All I wanted was the verbose output from the two timed
out tests, so the whole thing took a while longer to poke around.

> http://nguyenminh2.googlepages.com/test-mac.log.bz2
>
> --
> Regards
> Minh Van Nguyen