Hi Michael,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 6:53 AM, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 1:48 am, "Minh Nguyen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>
> Hi Minh,
>
> <SNIP>
>
>> I re-ran the tests under the above Mac OS X system, using this command:
>>
>> /path-to-sage-root/sage -testall -verbose
>>
>> This time, I only have one failed test, namely
>>
>> sage -t -verbose devel/sage/sage/modular/abvar/homspace.py
>
> Yes, but that test took [425.0 s] instead of about 2,000 seconds from
> your last run - so something strange is going on. Can you rerun that
> test only a couple times to see if it varies?

I've re-ran the test 3 times with the same command as above. In all
cases, the results look similar: timed out errors in this test:

sage -t -verbose devel/sage/sage/modular/abvar/homspace.py

I've uploaded compressed test logs to my web site:

http://nguyenminh2.googlepages.com/test-mac-2.log.bz2
http://nguyenminh2.googlepages.com/test-mac-3.log.bz2
http://nguyenminh2.googlepages.com/test-mac-4.log.bz2

But note that the compressed logs are still rather big, about 1.2 MB each.

Going back to the case where I had two timed out errors after
compiling and testing sage-3.2 for the first time. I think the said
two timed out errors might in some weird way be linked to my "Energy
Saver" settings in the "System Preferences". During the first test
(after which I received 2 timed out errors), my "Energy Saver"
settings were something like putting the computer to sleep when
inactive for 15 minutes, and I checked the box for putting the hard
disk to sleep whenever possible. But before I re-ran the test as you
originally suggested, I changed my "Energy Saver" settings to never
putting the computer to sleep, and I unchecked the box for putting the
hard disk to sleep. I had these same settings when I was re-running
the test for the next 3 times, links to the logs of which are per this
email.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen