On Feb 15, 12:53 pm, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> I suspect if this is available people will take advantage of it.  Many
> of us have perfectly serviceable computers which can't handle/can't
> afford the upgrade.  I would just build from source as a dev wannabe,
> but having this available for platforms not even three years old seems
> pretty reasonable.  So if mabshoff/wstein can't make them at some
> point in the future, having someone in the wings is very wise.
>
> Written on my OSX.3 almost last of the eMacs (from which I only use
> sagenb.org !)

Well, the major point here is that you should never connect a PC/Mac
to the net with an unsupported operating system, i.e. one where in
your case Apple no longer provides security updates. In general OSX
10.3 seems to be the minimum release that various important software
projects seem to support, but I have seen and read about enough
breakage with 10.3 so that I expect this won't be true much longer. As
I mentioned: Judging from the last 10.4 to 10.5 transition it will go
very fast when most Sage devs run 10.6 once it is out.

> - kcrisman

Cheers,

Michael