On Feb 15, 4:59 am, "Georg S. Weber" <georgswe...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> a patch is up for review at #5254.

George,

I applied your patch without success on my laptop at home.
However, the problem could very well be that I've got OS
10.4.11 at home while Michael built Sage.app for 10.5.  I
can try it on 10.5 tomorrow at work but, since I've never
applied a patch before, I'd like to describe what I intend
to try to make sure I'm doing it correctly.  As I
understand it, I should try the following:
  * Install Sage.app afresh from the .dmg file.
  * Download your attachement from trac, which appears
    to be a simple bash script.
  * Name the attachment 'script' and place it in
    /Applications/Sage.app/Contents/Resources,
    overwriting the previous version.
  * Set the permissions to 755.
  * Double click on Sage.app.

One other issue though.  The patch only seems applicable
to Sage.app, not to the command line.  That is, I'd like
to be able to type:
/Applications/Sage.app/Contents/Resources/sage/sage
but I don't think your script ever even runs in that case.

Thanks,
Mark McClure