Hi Fergus,

thank you for your comments!
So, do you consider working on a Quantity porting worthwhile? It seems
that you got some good experience by working on it, so you can
probably give some better advice about the structure of that package.

Moreover, I'm wondering how much work would it require to try to allow
symbolic support for SAGE for Quantities or any other units package.

Regarding the output of such expression you wrote, I agree that it
should give a standard unit output for each physical quantity, so by
presetting SI (or imperial, or anything else), it should give just
meters (or feets, or anything else)...

Regards

Maurizio