On Apr 30, 2009, at 22:13 , Justin C. Walker wrote:

> Hi, Michael,
>
> On Apr 30, 2009, at 05:23 , mabshoff wrote:
>

>> Hello folks,
>>
>> here goes 3.4.2.rc0 - a little later than planned, but it seems like
>> we fixed all the issues (and more) that needed to be fixed. We
>> finally
>> merged the symbolic logic code written well over *18* months ago, but
>> "no doctests, no merge" is something we take seriously. On top of
>> that
>> we are at
>>
>> Overall weighted coverage score:  71.1%
>> Total number of functions:  22348
>> We need  881 more function to get to 75% coverage.
>> We need 1999 more function to get to 80% coverage.
>> We need 3116 more function to get to 85% coverage.
>>
>> Note that this is also due to splitting DSage into its own spkg. We
>> will discuss what to do with the DSage codebase at SD15 I assume.
>>
>> The source tarball, upgrade bits as well as a sage.math binary are in
>> the usual place at
>>
>>  http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-3.4.2/
>
> My first attempt to build this (Mac OS X, 10.5.6, Dual Quad Xeon) blew
> up with python-2.5.  I had two of these errors:
[snip]
> I restarted the build without changing anything, and it completed w/o
> complaints.

"make test" for the second attempt would not work because of seg-
faults very early in the run.

I then rebuilt (3rd time) and retested 3.4.2.rc0 in the above
configuration.  This time, it built w/o errors.  Testing showed only
one problem, a failure in the dsage test which I've seen before:

=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[ERROR]:
sage.dsage.twisted.tests.test_remote.ClientRemoteCallsTest.testremoteSu
bmitBadJob

Traceback (most recent call last):
Failure: twisted.trial.util.DirtyReactorAggregateError: Reactor was
unclean.
Selectables:
<Broker #0 on 60222>
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[ERROR]:
sage
.dsage
.twisted.tests.test_remote.WorkerRemoteCallsTest.testremote_job_failed

I reran sage-dsage-trial by hand and it passed.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
--------