On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg....@gmail.com> wrote:
> The FSF asserts that if I develop code that merely links to GPL
> software (static or dynamic), my code is bound by the GPL.  I don't
> have to modify the GPL software and I don't even have to distribute
> it.

When you compile and link against a GPL library (static or dynamic),
the resulting binary is derivative work. This is obvious for static
linking, and arguable for dynamic linking (at the very least you are
deriving from the header files, etc). If you distribute this binary,
then you are distributing GPL software, hence the GPL should apply.

Gonzalo