Rob Beezer wrote:
> Your script was your creative work (well, not very creative).  You
> could have copied it onto CD's and sold those for whatever price you
> could fetch.  I could not buy a CD from you and make copies to sell -
> that would violate your copyright.  You have not modified Sage, you
> have not copied Sage.  The Sage GPL license has nothing to do with
> your script (your creative work).

IMHO, this is a misunderstanding of the intention of the GPL.  In this
particular case Ondrej cannot sell the CD with a non-GPL license for the
CD since his work is a derived work.  IIRC, he can license his code
alone under any GPL compatible license. This thread is interesting reading:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-November/237666.html

cheers,
prabhu