On 2009/5/7 Burcin Erocal <bur...@erocal.org> wrote:

> The director of R&D at Maple is Juergen Gerhard.

A small correction: unless my information is out of date, as far as am I
aware the person in charge of R+D at Maplesoft is still Laurent Bernardin,
the vice-president of R+D.  However, Juergen Gerhard deals with external
labs and collaborators and would also be a good person to approach.
I would also be interested in contributing to this project.  I'm happy to
see such enthusiasm for an improved Maple link; this was something I was
thinking of getting into a year-and-a-half ago but in meantime got
sidetracked away from Sage.

I should mention that I was a developer in the mathematics group at
Maplesoft from 2001 to 2005.  I confess my Maple knowledge, if slightly
out-of-date, still far exceeds my familiarity with Sage.

regards,

Stephen