On Jun 6, 3:47 am, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   * Galois theory and ramification groups for p-adic extensions (needs
>     the previous features)

I wrote a (very simplistic) implementation of Artin symbols and
decomposition and ramification groups a few months back for extensions
of *number fields*, so we have this via the canonical dumb algorithm:
find an extension of number fields whose local extension at some prime
is the p-adic extension you want.

> VII. Modules
>
>   * Sage has nothing for modules over Dedekind domains (except over
>     ZZ): this is an extremely important building block for certain
>     algorithms (e.g., arithmetic in quaternion algebras over number
>     fields), so needs to get implemented.   I recently wrote code for
>     general modules over ZZ, but it isn't in Sage yet.
>
> PROJECT: Finish modules over ZZ, optimize
>
> PROJECT: Extend modules over ZZ to modules over a PID

Last week I wrote some code for Hermite form, which is the key linear-
algebra step for this; see trac #6178. So we have free modules over an
arbitrary PID (me) and arbitrary fg modules over ZZ (you), and
combining these probably won't be very hard.

David