On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Dr. David
Kirkby<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:

> Robert Miller wrote:
>> This is the first release of the new cycle, and I've agreed to step in
>> and co-chair the release with Tom. The source tarball and sage.math
>> binary are available:
>>
>> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/rlmill/release/sage-4.1.alpha0.tar
>> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/rlmill/release/sage-4.1.alpha0-sage.math-only-x86_64-Linux.tar.gz
>>
>> This is the first development release in which the new merge tools
>> were used by people other than the authors. Several doctests fail on
>> sage.math:
>>
>>         sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/graphs/graph.py # 25 doctests
>> failed
>>         sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/databases/database.py # 20
>> doctests failed
>>         sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/geometry/polyhedra.py # 1
>> doctests failed
>>
>> These are all due to the removal of graph_isom.pyx, and I will be
>> posting a patch to fix this shortly, at #6394. I think that there was
>> no way to avoid these failures, since the only way to expose them was
>> to remove the code, rebuild entirely from scratch, and then run the
>> tests.
>>
>> This release does not include any tickets involving spkg's. I will
>> make this the main focus of alpha1, which should drop before Friday.
>>
>> Each of the following tickets were rejected by the merge scripts, but
>> unfortunately the failures are not available at this time (this is due
>> to human error on my part). If you are involved with one of them, you
>> are encouraged to try applying the patches to 4.1.alpha0 and see why/
>> if they failed. Tom and I will eventually do this, but it would be
>> helpful for people involved in the ticket to get things started:
>>
>> 6196
>> 5481
>> 6276
>
> I'd like to know why 6276 failed. It seemed pretty simple, and should
> have only had an effect on Solaris.
>
> import shutil
> if os.uname()[0] == 'SunOS':
> shutil.copy2('patches/mmsearch-with-temp-Solaris-fix.c','src/tune/blas/gemm/mmsearch.c')
>

> 6380 has positive review too, but that does not appear to have been
> listed as either failing, nor included.

Robert was in error when he reported that those tickets failed.  I
didn't apply anything to the scripts repo, or anything with a spkg.
Also, a number of tickets appeared in report 11 during the time
between me pulling down the patches and getting them applied / tested.
 #6380 will go in for alpha2, which will be rc1 if Robert manages to
get Mike Hansen's Python 2.6 spkg in.