Harald Schilly wrote:
> On Jul 24, 4:56 pm, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> * Do new employees get the keys to the house on their first day?
>>> Not applicable.
>> It's worth pointing out here, although it's not the point the author
>> makes since there are (mostly) not "employees", that there is a
>> "quarantine" period at least on sage-devel before messages are allowed
>> to pass through unmoderated - is that still the case?
>
> As a moderator I can say that this policy is really necessary because
> of the spam. you really don't wanna read it ;)
> Apart from that, every new poster is set to "always allow" after the
> first posting. So, he/she gets the key very soon!

I realise this was written 3 weeks ago, but I could not resist the
temptation to reply.

The Mathematica newsgroup comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica is moderated by
one person. He will not allow any other moderators. Not even Wolfram
Research staff can post to the newsgroup without his approval. Every
single message from every single WRI employee has to be vetted by him.
(And he rejects some of them if he thinks WRI would not appreciate them).

IMHO, it is one of the most limiting things about that software. The
ability to post a question and get an answer is reasonable period of
time is important. Waiting 12-24 hours for the question to appear, then
another 12-24 hours before any answer becomes extremely tiresome if you
need to get a problems solved this month, rather than next year.

Dave