On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Bill Page<bill.p...@newsynthesis.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM, William Stein wrote:
>
>> ... I recently started playing around with Virtual Box again,
>> and think it's made a lot of improvements in Version 3.x, and
>> that we should consider switching to it from vmware for the
>> sage windows virtual machine.
>>

> +1
>
> Unlike vmware my experience with VirtualBox is very positive on
> Windows Vista, Debian and SuSE linux systems.

I'm definitely going to make an official minimal VirtualBox sage
install at some point, probably in late September or early October...
unless somebody beats me to it.

At this point VirtualBox is like a massive breath of fresh air
compared to vmware.

Actually, very often good open source software is like a massive
breath of fresh air compared to the closed source equivalents.  This
has nothing to do with free or even being able to look at the source
or some warm fuzzy from the abstract fact that the software is open
source -- the design and UI just feels very different (in an extremely
good way) with mature open source software.

Anyway, +1 to open source :-)

William