Carlo Hamalainen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Robert Dodier <robert.dod...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Some random comments on
>> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/attachment/ticket/6827/probability_distribution.patch
>
> Between that and the better performance of scipy (see my other email
> in this thread) I figure we should probably throw away
> probability_distribution.pyx and use the scipy stuff, at least for
> generating gaussians and so on.
>
> What do other people think?

To paraphrase William when he was doing hidden markov models, I would
rather spend a week writing a good wrapper/interface for a library
someone else is maintaining, than spend a month reimplementing standard
functionality that I have to maintain myself.

That said, William has a good point about beating everything else we've
seen with custom code in finance.TimeSeries.

Jason

--
Jason Grout