On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Nicolas M. Thiery
<nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr> wrote:

>        Dear David, dear Javier, dear category fans,
>
> Yippee! the technical patches required by the category code are making
> their way into Sage, maybe even in 4.1.2.

Since I just finished build testing 4.1.2 on a million machines and it
worked essentially perfectly everywhere, I'm not keen to put this in
4.1.2... however see below.

>  Then not much remains to be
> done, so I am now dreaming of getting the full thing in 4.1.3 (or
> whatever the next Sage version will be)!

The next Sage version will be 4.2.  Send me a list of technical
patches with positive review related to categories, and they can be
the *first* to go in.  I also see 4.2 as being a relatively quick
release (compared to the extremely long 4.1.2).

> For this, I need you! I have split the remaining categories to be
> reviewed between both of you: essentially the trivial new ones to
> Javier, and the larger preexisting ones to David.  But anyone else,
> please feel free to hop in!
>
>        http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/wiki/CategoriesCategoriesReview
>
> It would be great if we could at least get rid of all the trivial ones
> very shortly.

Yes, go go go.

--
William Stein