On Jan 29, 2010, at 12:21 AM, Jason Grout wrote:

> Andy Somogyi wrote:
>> Hi All
>> This was originally a discussion of how to make Sage a better desktop app.
>
> I've wondered what the possibility was of making a Firefox extension that
> customized firefox to be an all-in-one Sage app.  I think Firefox extensions
> can modify the "chrome" of the browser, at least if they are given the
> appropriate permissions to do so.

It should be possible.  Last time I looked at Prism (probably almost 2 years
ago) I couldn't even figure out how to build it, though to be honest I didn't
try very hard since I don't really like Firefox.  With a little hacking on a
prebuilt version (replacing the binary with a script which called the original
binary) I was able to get something that sort of worked (i.e. it started up the
sage -notebook in the background).

-Ivan

 http://prism.mozilla.com/