I'm putting together a quick and dirty app, that basically consists of a form
which holds a WebKit widget, and the main process just forks, and initiates the
Sage process, and hooks the WebKit view up to it. Should be ready this weekend.
Its super simple, but its a start.

Its tiny, a few 100K, and completely native. It literally took ONE SINGLE line
of code to hook up the webkit view to the Sage server. I'm just cleaning up up
the forking a bit which is a tad more complex, but will probably be around 10 -
20 lines or so. Then, the entire sage directory can just be copied into the
.app directory, and will look and feel and run like a standard app. Also, there
is NO ADDITIONAL DEPENDENCIES, WebKit is a library that is standard on OSX, and
any Linux distro that has KDE. Safari is just a simple app that hosts the
WebKit widget.

FYI, how Mac applications are structured is each application is a special
directory, which ends in .app. This directory contains the executable, icons,
property lists, configuration, and whatever else the developer wants to shove
in it (like the whole sage distribution). This way, the whole directory just
looks like a single app to the end user.

I don't do Windows (anymore), but I'm sure someone out there is a C# person who
could whip up a Windows equivalent in a few hours, i.e. take the WebKit or
Firefox ActiveX control, and drop it on a form, hook up the process bits, and
package it up into a directory.

The other HUGE thing that HTML5 gives is interactivity, so its fully capable of
having the same kind of interactivity that Mathematica 6+ has with the
'Manipulate' function.