On 6 February 2010 23:25, Jaap Spies <j.sp...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

> [...]
>

>> However, on OpenSolaris, the issue is more severe. Both Jaap and William
>> will confirm that the test in python for hashlib has failed.
>>

> To a certain extend. I had opensll installed on Open Solaris, but more than
> once
> on different places. That causes problems installing python. Once I cleared
> this, I could build a proper python having hashlib available.
>

> Jaap

A point made at

http://blogs.sun.com/janp/entry/on_openssl_versions_in_solaris

is installing different versions of OpenSSL can cause problems.

Can you build the python in 64-bit mode, wit no error when
spkg-install check for hashlib whilst ensuring the permissions on ALL
ssl libraries are 000?  IIRC, you installed OpenSSL via the package
manager too.

To the best of my knowlege, it is impossible to do this on OpenSolaris.

Dave