Nick Alexander wrote:
2) Display a notice on the browser window that the program is GPL, say it has no warranty etc, then say "To see the full terms of the license, type licence() at the Sage prompt"

Isn't this enough?

| Sage Version 4.1.1, Release Date: 2009-08-14                       |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |

Nick

The license says:
... when started running for such interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License.

I don't see any copyright notice, statement there is no warranty, or that the user may distribute the program. It does tell them how to view the license.

In the section about how to apply this to your programs it says:

If the program is interactive, make it output a short notice like this when it starts in an interactive mode:

Gnomovision version 69, Copyright (C) year name of author
Gnomovision comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details
type `show w'.  This is free software, and you are welcome
to redistribute it under certain conditions; type `show c'
for details.