On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 at 11:54PM +0000, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> Personally I find it odd that the notebook has nothing at all to
> indicate it is GPL - not even a hint as to a command to display the
> license.

I do too. It's trivial to add something to the front page of the
notebook -- something in the "Use an open source alternative" paragraph,
and when logged in, perhaps we could add a link to the "Help" page about
the copying conditions. For example, Firefox has a link to licensing in
Help -> About, and so does Gnome Terminal. Including links or
information about licensing and credits in some kind of Help -> About
Sage" would be in line with other open source applications.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake