Tom Boothby wrote:
Context is important.  The GPL doesn't say that every GPL'd
interactive program must print a banner.  It says that if such a
banner is printed by a current GPL'd programs, then *if you distribute
a modified copy*, that copy must also print the banner.

Personally, I would have thought it wise to follow the recommended route given in the GPL, in the section on how to apply the GPL to your own program. That includes adding the statement about ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY and a copyright statement.

It could possibly be useful if a legal battle resulted some individual or some company lost money as a result of an incorrect computation done in Sage. This could be especially so if they used an online version, where they don't even get to see the source.

I very much doubt it would be me personally sued, so I'll leave it there.

Dave