On 24 August 2010 10:02, Simon King <simon.k...@nuigalway.ie> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> On 23 Aug., 18:26, Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>
> wrote:
>> +1 to running all short test suites on build if they're small enough
>> (e.g. less than 30 seconds, or, say, 25% of the build time). That is
>> assuming they're expected to pass, unlike some (scipy?).
>
> Generally I am in favour of testing. However, can this be done from
> spkg-install, as this thread's title suggests? I could imagine that
> typically the tests of one standard spkg will depend on other standard
> spkgs. So, tests will only be reasonable *after* the spkg-installs of
> all standard spkgs are done.
>
> But apart from that, I am +1
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

No, that should not be a problem. If spkg-check can run a test,
spkg-install should be able to too.

There is the odd package where Python is needed to run the tests, but
Python is not needed to build the package. They are rare. In this
case, Python is already marked as a prerequisite in
spkg/standard/deps, so no changes are needed.

This should be as simple as just running the tests from spkg-install,
unless I have overlooked something.

Dave

Dave.