On 10/26/10 4:39 AM, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
On 2010-10-26 00:04, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
I might have more of an issue with uploading binaries from my machine,
as the binaries are large and my "upload" bandwidth (which would be
important for uploading binaries), is only 1/8th of my download
bandwidth. That might be an issue for me.
Do you know about rsync?  I used that sometimes to upload source
distributions of Sage (never did it for a binary) and it cuts down the
traffic quite a lot.  In your case, you would want to use rsync on the
*uncompressed* .tar file (not .tar.gz), possibly with compression
enabled in the rsync protocol.

I think rsync has been discouraged before because of the load it places on the server.

Jason