> There's already a nice CC-licensed book about Sage written in
French:

>    http://sagebook.gforge.inria.fr/
>
> Are there any plans to make a print version and/or translations?

I have "translated" the French Sage book into Sage worksheets.  This
was all very experimental and a bit "quick and dirty" in places (ie I
probably introduced some errors).  Out of respect for the original
authors' work I have not distributed this version widely.  But I do
intend to return to the project and do the format conversion properly,
and with more input and involvement from the authors.

But having spent four or five days with the source for the book, and
with the caveat that my abilities with French are not the greatest, it
is definitely the best resource out there for a beginner right now
(IMHO).

If I understand right, Paul Zimmerman organized about 10 authors to
each write a chapter about using Sage in their specialty.  It is a
model that could be repeated in any language, or perhaps a translation
of the French work could be translated by a similar team of
knowledgeable Sage mathematicians.

Rob