Dear John,

nice to hear from you.

[please forward my answer to sage-devel since I'm not sure I'm allowed to post]

> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:51:27 +0100
> From: John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com>
>
> With a few (preferably native English-speaking) people collaborating,
> translating the French book would not be at all hard.  Paul, would you
> be willing to coordinate a little project to do that?  We could divide
> the book up into sections and get volunteers to work on each section
> (one or more each) and the collate the whole.

I have to think about it, and also discuss with my co-authors, since I guess
you would need access to the LaTeX source files to make the translation
easier.

Also we have started to write new stuff, including one chapter on
floating-point numbers, and one about graphs. We have to decide how to deal
with that.

Anyway, what I could offer (if I accept) would be limited to the technical
part (access to a svn server, etc) since I'm not native English-speaking.
Someone should be responsible of the editorial part (assigning sections,
proof-reading, etc). John, would you take that in charge?

Best regards,
Paul

PS: so far our efforts to get a printed edition of the french version failed.
French editors are still reluctant to publish a book under a Creative Commons
license. Maybe it would be different with an english version.