Briefly:  your (Paul's) message did get onto sage-devel.  The sources
are available on your web page for the book!  I failed to (re)make the
text but only because by older ubuntu distribution did not have the
required versions of the packages to get sagetex to work (see another
thread, on sage-support).

I can't do this during this term, i.e. much before the end of 2010,
but there's a possibility it could happen in early 2011 when I will be
on study leave.

John