If you are fine with using a virtual machine then just punch the notebook
port through. The only thing running native would be the browser rendering
the worksheet. Of course you need admin rights to install a virtual machine,
and there can be only one hypervisor on the system. So you'll never have a
one-click app.

With Cygwin, a one-click Sage installer could just drop a sufficient minimal
install and then add Sage on top. The official python docs specifically
mention cygwin so it can't be that hard to build nowadays.

I don't see the point of going beyond this stage. Yes, with huge effort one
could port everything to Win32 instead of posix. For what, to run 10% faster
on somebody's gaming system? While running slower everywhere else because we
have to remove fork()? Windows has essentially no market share in high
performance computing. Or, for that matter, anywhere outside of the desktop.
Having students work on a Win32 port is not in the interest of their
education unless they have their mind already set on a job in Redmont.