Dear Sage project leader,

My experience is about Sage 4.6.2:
For numerical computations I have quieted of Sage/Sagenotebook and use only
scipy/numpy directly using vim and shell.

Sagenotebook has the advantage of shareable over the net worksheets but the
editing 83 functions on it became hardwork because of those jumps on screen
and no colors. I had problems making/seeing graphics. (maybe that is not a
problem now)
Sage has the advantage of symbolic calculus which could help confirming some
numerical calculations but the integration with scipy/numpy needs some
attention to know if a given parameter is in Sage world or scipy/numpy
world. Also Sage has the problem of taking to much time to load and using
"attach" reveals some problems.

This is what I remember that lead me to the decision of quiting
sage/sagenotebook for the specific purpose of pure numerical computation.
(matlab was never needed).

I will improve this notes as soon as a new numerical projects began. Is
there any thematic group or wiki for "numerical sage" ?

Pedro Cruz

Assistant Teacher

University of Aveiro

Portugal