On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Keshav Kini <keshav.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "R. Andrew Ohana" <andrew.oh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> This makes it obvious that I'm against having later versions of sage
>> be based upon previous versions, however, I am completely for later
>> versions of sage having all of the commits of earlier versions of sage
>> (as well as all relative order maintained).
>
> Just to be clear to anyone reading, I am ambivalent toward the former,
> and the latter is what I meant in the title of this thread.
>
> -Keshav

Two people who have never done (the very long hard extensive work) of
even a single Sage release agree.

It's good to constantly remind yourself of how different things can
look "in the trenches" when suggesting that other people change their
workflows.

I just want to remind people that Jereon has *successfully* put
together far more Sage releases than everybody else combined in the
last 2 years.  It's like he is landing beautiful McTwists [1], and you
guys are suggesting loudly and at great length that he needs to grab
his skateboard differently, despite you never having done a McTwist.

I'm not making a statement for or against anything proposed so far.
I've done more Sage releases than Jereon over more time, but he does
them better than I ever did, and they are much harder to do today than
they were a few years ago.

  -- William

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAwjsTbtMA

--