Yoooooooooooo !!

> I do see that you are constantly working hard on patches, and also that the
> switch to git is holding things off a bit (I must confess that I haven't
> written or reviewed a patch in the past months, so I am the last to push
> things forward currently...).
>
> Anyway, do you see a simple (even hackish) workaround so I can still get the
> diameter for some big graphs?

Two ways out :
- Try networkx :
sage: import networkx
sage: g=graphs.PetersenGraph().networkx_graph()
sage: networkx.diameter(g)
2

- You tell me that you will review the patch, and you have it in a
couple of hours at most.

Of course the second way out is the only one that actually solves the
problem :-P

> (Did you see my followup question? Any idea what goes on there?)

Well, you gave an example of code with undefined variables. Soooooooo
unless you tell me what "cov" is the only answer I could give you in
my previous email is "beware of labels" :-P
Your "cov" list is 25000 elements long. If I try the same with normal
objects (integers), I get :

sage: cov = [(randint(0,5000),randint(0,5000)) for i in range(25000)]
sage: %timeit Graph(cov)
1 loops, best of 3: 847 ms per loop

Which is still quite slow, admittedly...

Nathann