On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:52:06 AM UTC+1, Ralf Stephan wrote:

> Hello, I'm the annoying person digging up old tickets.

Which is much appreciated!

> It seems I fail to understand the collaboration process. When I create a
> local branch by merging a ticket into my newest develop and fiddling with
> that, I cannot by design push any commit to the author's branch on trac.

Yes. Also, public/... and u/user/... branch names are both perfectly fine.
Especially if you are just doing some final cleanup I think a private
u/user/... branch is perfectly adequate and reduces congestion in
public/.... But then, either is acceptable.

However, two long-time developers have now asked why I do this, and one
> suggested to use a branch under public/, but I tried that and I can push
> that branch to trac but it's not visible in the ticket.

You can always manually set the "Branch:" field after pushing to a public/
branch...