On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:37:50 AM UTC-4, Simon King wrote:
> That's why I'd appreciate an option --remote_branch (or --trac_branch)
> for "sage -dev push", and would also appreciate if "sage -dev push"
> would recognise if a public branch has already been assigned to the
> ticket, so that it would push to the existing public branch rather than
> creating a new private branch.

For the record, my "git trac" subcommand tries to preserve public/ branch
names when uploading changes. I agree that this is a choice of the ticket
author that should be respected.

I don't see a point in an extra user interface to manually switch
u/user/... to public/... branches and back. Both are perfectly fine
development models. If you don't remember how to change the remote branch
name manually you don't lose anything.