On 11/15/14 11:47 AM, mmarco wrote:
> I am afraid i would need more information to make a decission about this. I
> wasn't aware of the existence of the problems you mention. Without knowing
> what happened in those cases, i cannot say if the
> proposed code of conduct would have been a good idea to prevent them or not.

Here are some links to discussions that look to me have gone astray. Also, as
you might notice
that some of the participants in these discussions have since ceased to post on
the public
mailing lists, even though they were active contributors/developers before:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/SnPfidRM9j8
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-combinat-devel/YRc1GWa3XBg
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/IxzCVWYsg60

If we want to avoid that discussions drift off to private mailing lists or to
loose
contributors, as we all seem to agree is not desirable, then I think guidelines
for discussions would be helpful.

Also, Sage already has rules in place. For example, patches can only be merged
after a review process and the author cannot be the reviewer. We all strive to
adhere
to these rules. So why not guidelines for how we should conduct discussion since
in my view, some of them do go out of hand. And whoever shouts loudest is not
always the
one who is right.

Best,

Anne