If you're developing, you're...not...looking at the code? That's how I'm
interpreting your comments. I don't see how it is possible to develop
without looking at the code.

To reiterate, public documentation should be there for the user, internal
documentation (i.e. private methods) and comments are there for the
developers.

Travis