If you want to start porting dependencies to native windows, I'd suggest
getting all dependencies of sage ported to conda. I maintain a lot of sage
dependencies for conda-forge and would love to have more packages ported to
windows and then maybe some day build sage.

There are lots of packages needing native windows support. Some packages
have windows builds supported, but no conda package. (For eg: ECL). Some
packages just need some small patches to build system to build them. Some
packages need extra care. (For eg: Julian and I discovered today that NTL
assumes sizeof(mp_size_t) is equal to sizeof(long) or sizeof(int) and uses
integer literals with long suffix. For MSVC/MinGW this is not true)

Isuru